Support the School
Donations to Oak Hill School will help us build a new on-campus gymnasium!
Oak Hill School is a private therapeutic day school for students in grades K-8 whose emotional or behavioral challenges keep them from being successful in other schools.
What Makes Us Different
- Smallest specialized therapeutic program in New York State.
- Located on 9 wooded acres, which includes hiking trails, fishing, snow shoeing, skiing and sledding for our students to utilize.
- Highly qualified teachers and teaching assistants.
- A six week summer program is available for all enrolled students.
- Mandated related services provided for each child.
- Fully aligned with N.Y.S. Learning Standards and the Common Core
- Art, Physical Education and Technology are components of our curriculum.
- All staff are Certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools, TCIS.
Well-Qualified Staff in a Non-Traditional Environment
Oak Hill School’s highly committed and dedicated staff delivers a non-traditional program that utilizes a variety of resources including, but not limited to: nature and the outdoors, cooking, art, technology, and physical education to build self-esteem and support learning in the traditional core curriculum areas. In addition to being certified in special education, our staff is also trained in TCIS (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools). We have six classrooms that consist of six students, one teacher and a teaching assistant. Our campus is located on 9 acres of wooded land in Scotia, N.Y. complete with hiking trails, space to play games outdoors, a large Playground, and a beautiful pond.
Full Range of Services and Therapies
Our program is fully aligned with the New York State and Common Core Learning Standards. Oak Hill also provides related services as needed for occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech services. We employ a behavior specialist and two social workers that provide individual and group counseling services. As always, we pride ourselves on working collaboratively with the family, the home, school district and the community. Our staff continues to work closely with following professionals in the Capital Region:
- Dr. Gina Cosgrove, Psy.D
- Dr. Laura Assaf, Psy.D
- Dr. Clifford Passen, MD
- Dr. Paula Zuffante, Ph.D.
- Barbara J. Collins, OTR
- Dr. Kristina Osborne-Oliver, Psy.D.
OHS News & Updates
Please be sure to check your home districts website for resources available to you in this challenging time. In addition to website links for educational activities, many districts have emergency meal services available.read more
School will be closed until 4/20/20. Teachers will contact all families and arrange school work today. Your local district will also have additional resources and information about breakfast and lunch availability. Please contact the school office if you need...read more
Due to the recent virus outbreak, school is closed March 16-20. We will monitor the situation and make decisions on future closings as needed. Families will be contacted about learning opportunities by teachers in the coming days. Please stay safe and be healthy.read more