Oak Hill School uses a level system to keep track of student progress. Each level allows for varying levels of supervision, outing privileges, and special activities. The level system allows for daily progress of each student and monitors long-term progress. Each day, a student has the opportunity to earn up to 144 points.
Primary Students – 1 day of safety
Older Students – 3 consecutive days of safety
- Consistent supervision
- Close proximity at all times
- Limited to desk activities for choice time
115 Points or More Primary Classroom – 2 consecutive days Older Students – 10 consecutive days
- New students begin at this level
- Close, small group supervision
- Travel within the building and lawn areas
- Limited to activities within the school campus for choice time
130 Points or More Primary Classroom – 3 consecutive days Older Students – 25 consecutive days Must maintain at least 115 points to remain on level
- Travel off campus for activities such as swimming,
- Larger group supervision
- Choice time activities extended to include high activity games, such as ping pong and sledding) and technology use.
All students – 130 points or more to maintain level
- Special planned activities/outings
- Special lunch parties
- Freedom to run errands around the school building
- Choice time from any activity
*Transition Planning: After the student has achieved 60 consecutive days at Level 4, discussions should begin as to whether Oak Hill School continues to be an appropriate placement.
*Each new student to Oak Hill School begins on Level 2. Students on Level 1 are typically those who are (or who have recently been) unsafe and require consistent supervision at all times in the building. Should any student engage in unsafe behavior, that student will automatically drop to a Level 1 and will need to work back to his/her basic level.