OHS News & Updates
Now hiring classroom Aides! High School Diploma Required Salary: $140.90 per day School Schedule – with School Breaks and Holidays off Great Hours – 8am – 2pm Monday - Friday 403(b) plan Bonuses And more! Please email your resume to Executive Director, Dave Mitchell...
In the event of inclement weather, please check your local news listings for any Oak Hill School closings or delays.
Rent our state of the art gymnasium for your next sporting event, game/practice, gathering, or function! Just click on the 'Gymnasium Rentals' link above!
Support the School
What Makes Us Different
- Smallest specialized therapeutic program in New York State.
- Located on 9 wooded acres, which includes hiking trails, fishing, snow shoeing, skiing and sledding for our students to utilize.
- Highly qualified teachers and teaching assistants.
- A six week summer program is available for all enrolled students.
- Mandated related services provided for each child.
- Fully aligned with N.Y.S. Learning Standards and the Common Core
- Art, Physical Education/Project Adventure and Technology are components of our curriculum.
- All staff are Certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools, TCIS.
Well-Qualified Staff in a Non-Traditional Environment
Oak Hill School’s highly committed and dedicated staff delivers a non-traditional program that utilizes a variety of resources including, but not limited to: nature and the outdoors, cooking, art, technology, and physical education to build self-esteem and support learning in the traditional core curriculum areas. In addition to being certified in special education, our staff is also trained in TCIS (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools). We have six classrooms that consist of six students, one teacher and a teaching assistant. Our campus is located on 9 acres of wooded land in Scotia, N.Y. complete with hiking trails, space to play games outdoors, a large Playground, and a beautiful pond.
Full Range of Services and Therapies
Our program is fully aligned with the New York State and Common Core Learning Standards. Oak Hill also provides related services as needed for occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech services. We employ a behavior specialist and two social workers that provide individual and group counseling services. As always, we pride ourselves on working collaboratively with the family, the home, school district and the community. Our staff continues to work closely with following professionals in the Capital Region:
- Dr. Gina Cosgrove, Psy.D
- Dr. Laura Assaf, Psy.D
- Dr. Clifford Passen, MD
- Dr. Paula Zuffante, Ph.D.
- Barbara J. Collins, OTR
- Dr. Kristina Osborne-Oliver, Psy.D.